Receive a Free Month of Picks
Quality Picks with Analysis Daily by 6AM EST
Starting tomorrow, cancel anytime
Join our premium service and we'll give you the highest rated plays each day.
Picks for MLB, NFL, NBA.
See our MLB results.
|Join Our Free Mailing List
Receive premium picks for free!!
Add us to your favorites!
Premium Systems Ebook - $49.95
This is a document only! It is meant for you to learn how to handicap baseball. If you want the daily picks, sign up for our monthly service. See 2 Free Samples!
NEW: Follow us on Twitter!
« Based on Hitting
| Back to Guide
| Game 2 of a Series
Guide to Betting Baseball Game 1 of a Series
Here are how teams in the first game of a series have done under certain stresses.
- 1st Half of Season [3109-3116, -147.43] (-0.024)
- 2nd half of season [3065-3057, -149.68] (-0.024)
- As a dog [2596-3445, 82.51] (0.014)
- As a favorite [3707-2860, -391.34] (-0.060)
- Off a win [3293-3042, 14.93] (0.002)
- Off a loss [3010-3263, -323.76] (-0.052)
- Off being shut out [315-311, 10.93] (0.017)
- Off scoring DD [589-546, -12.87] (-0.011)
- At Home [3390-2915, -158.70] (-0.025)
- On the Road [2913-3390, -150.13] (-0.024)
- In the Playoffs [129-132, -11.72] (-0.045)
- Off LL [1487-1715, -224.23] (-0.070)
- Off WW [1723-1524, 49.54] (0.015)
- 5+ WL10 [3940-3622, -115.79] (-0.015)
- 7+ WL10 [1306-1118, -37.75] (-0.016)
- <=3 WL10 [1266-1507, -128.78] (-0.046)
- <=5 WL10 [3793-4093, -251.94] (-0.032)
- Against team off SO [310-315, -39.62] (-0.063)
- Vs. team off DD runs [545-589, -43.28] (-0.038)
- Vs. team off W (G1) [3039-3292, -331.73] (-0.052)
- Vs. team off L (G1) [3261-3008, 25.25] (0.004)
Here are the Need-to-Knows:
- The favorites of the first game of a series are overvalued by about 7.5 points as compared to underdogs.
- Teams perform 5 points better in Game 1 of a series if they are heading into it off a win as opposed to a loss.
- A team is 2 points worse if heading into the game off of two straight losses as compared to generically any given loss. The team is 2 points stronger if heading into the game off of 2 straight wins as compared to a single win. This means that the result of the game prior to game 1 of a series is worth 5 points to the spread. The second game before is worth another 2 points to the spread.
Here are some of the betting systems with respect to game 1 of a series that we have written.
Free Football Picks
NEW: Pitcher Home/Road Disparities
Bold indicates team falls into that angle today.
Your Link Here - $50/mo