Receive a Free Month of Picks
Quality Picks with Analysis Daily by 6AM EST
Starting tomorrow, cancel anytime
Join our premium service and we'll give you the highest rated plays each day.
Picks for MLB, NFL, NBA.
See our MLB results.
|Join Our Free Mailing List
Receive premium picks for free!!
Add us to your favorites!
Premium Systems Ebook - $49.95
This is a document only! It is meant for you to learn how to handicap baseball. If you want the daily picks, sign up for our monthly service. See 2 Free Samples!
NEW: Follow us on Twitter!
« Game 1 of a Series
| Back to Guide
| Game 3 of a Series
Guide to Betting Baseball Game 2 of a Series
Here is how teams in the second game of a series have done.
- As a dog [2455-3495, -142.51] (-0.024)
- As a favorite [3769-2732, -146.81] (-0.023)
- Off a win [3182-3044, -217.21] (-0.035)
- Off a loss [3044-3184, -70.11] (-0.011)
- Off being shut out [307-308, 21.19] (0.034)
- Off scoring DD [605-503, 36.52] (0.033)
- At Home [3411-2817, -14.60] (-0.002)
- On the Road [2815-3411, -272.72] (-0.044)
- Off LL [1566-1657, 18.75] (0.006)
- Off WW [1655-1597, -198.20] (-0.061)
- 5+ WL10 [3868-3580, -121.91] (-0.016)
- 7+ WL10 [1280-1091, -52.60] (-0.022)
- <=3 WL10 [1226-1420, -63.36] (-0.024)
- <=5 WL10 [3661-4037, -319.58] (-0.042)
- Against team off SO [308-307, -51.09] (-0.083)
- Vs. team off DD runs [503-606, -92.55] (-0.083)
Here are the Need-to-Knows:
- If the teams is heading into the second game of a series off of a win, they are generally worth about 2.5 points LESS than if they were to go into the game off a loss. So a loss is better in this case. In fact, if our team is off of two consecutive wins, they are 6 points LESS than if they were off of two consecutive losses. This is just a product of the fact that teams in these situations are more "desperate".
- If our team scored double digit runs, they are worth about 5 points on the spread than if they did not. So basically the team off of a loss has the advantage (according to #1) but not if their opponent scored double digit runs against them in Game 1. This makes a great deal of sense. Think about it. If a team gives up that many runs, chances are their entire bullpen got wasted and was used up. A slight advantage then goes to the other team. And then you also have the obvious realization that if a team is scoring that many runs, chances are that they are good and have momentum on their side to score more.
Here are the betting systems we have written with respect to the second game of a series.
(more will be written)
Free Football Picks
NEW: Pitcher Home/Road Disparities
Bold indicates team falls into that angle today.
Your Link Here - $50/mo